Solar pool blankets
021 556 7203
SOLAR POOL HEATING | SOLAR BLANKETS | DIY PANELS. FOR SALE
SOLAR TEMP SOLAR PANELS COME IN SIZE: 3.0MX1.2M.
Solar energy is free energy.
It costs NOTHING to run the heating, the Solar Temp Heating system forms part of your excisting swimming pool configuration.
Solar Temp solar collectors are made of a class 9 pipe which has been manufactured with uv stabilizes. And can be expected to last between 20-25 years.
Solar Temp blankets / cover, retains the heat passively.
Buy our Pool heating blankets today! See our products online. solarpoolblankets.co.za
Call us on: 0215567203
Are solar pool covers really effective? Many people stand by the statement that solar pool covers do really work under the right conditions. The purpose of solar pool covers or solar blankets is to transfer the heat to the water in your swimming pool to keep it warm during cold weather or during at night. Learn more about owning a solar pool cover in this information and understand why it is a good move.
As stated above, the conditions have to be right for the solar blanket to work effectively. These solar pool covers absorb sunlight and the heat absorbed is transferred to the water in the swimming pool. This will keep the water warm, which is great for night swimming.
The solar blankets are designed to absorb maximum sunlight. It is tinted blue and has air pockets to absorb heat effectively. During the night when the water is cool, solar blankets are effective in trapping the heat in the water. This keeps the water warm during the night. This is great because it does not only keep the heat within the water but also prevents the pool chemicals from evaporating.
But not every owner of swimming pool has a solar pool cover. For most people, cleaning the pool is a chore in itself and this can be a challenging task in itself.
In this time of austerity, however, it is best to save the money intended for heating the water in your swimming pool. To save costs on pool heating, it is best to use the solar covers instead.
Fortunately, there are solar cover reels that make the job easier. With this device, you will have minimal work. This investment on a solar cover and reel is worth every cent with the savings you will have from the pool heating costs.
Buy top quality Solar blankets. See our product online. solarpoolblankets.co.za
Call us: 021 556 7203
How Does a Solar Heated Pool Work?
- A solar heated swimming pool uses the sun to heat the pool water. Traditionally pools heating systems use natural gas or electric water swimming pool heaters. The utility costs to run these heaters are expensive. Using solar heating can save a lot of money.
For a pool that is kept heated year round, the price of a solar pool system will pay for itself within a few years.
How a Solar Swimming Pool Heating System Works
- A solar swimming pool heating system heats water in solar water collectors. The solar water collectors are placed in an area that receives a lot of daily sun. The swimming pool water pump sucks water out of the pool, pushes it into the solar water collector, and brings it back into the pool. The solar water collector is a hollow solar panel that gets hot when exposed to the sun. The water that runs through the collector picks up some of the heat from the collector, which warms up the water.
Solar Pool Covers
- Solar pool covers can be useful in keeping a pool warm. Uncovered swimming pools lose heat during the cool nighttime hours. A solar pool cover helps to keep the heat in the pool during the cool hours and it actually increases the water temperature during the hot daytime hours. Solar pool covers attract the sun, get hot, and transfer the heat to the pool water.
Why Use Solar?
Top quality solar blankets at discounted prices. See our product online. solarpoolblankets.co.za
Call us: 021 5567203
How Does a Solar Blanket Heat a Swimming Pool?
- Heating a swimming pool is a costly and often impractical proposition; while there are options such as gas heaters or simply painting the interior of the pool in a dark colour, each has specific drawbacks. Modifying the colour of your pool’s lining entails draining and refilling the pool, which is, in and of itself, an expensive proposition. Gas heaters, while able to raise the temperature fairly quickly, become costly with prolonged usage. A smart and economical (as well as ecologically friendly) option is the use of a solar blanket to harness the energy of the sun to heat your pool.
- The first and most obvious way that a solar blanket will contribute to the heating of your pool is by absorbing heat from the sun’s rays and subsequently transferring that to the water. The blanket itself is made of material specifically designed to optimize the absorption of solar energy, and covers the entire pool. Use of a solar blankets may raise the temperature of your pool by 15 degrees or more, allowing you to use your pool much earlier in the spring and later into the fall.
Reduction of Evaporation
- The second way in which a solar blanket heats your pool is by the reduction of evaporation. As was mentioned, the blanket covers the entire surface of the pool which also acts to keep the water that is in the pool from being converted to gas, and subsequently escaping the pool. This in essence creates a miniature greenhouse effect, elevating the temperature of the pool. Solar blankets have been shown to reduce evaporation by as much as 95 percent, which not only contributes to the heat of your pool, but allows for more economical use, as you are not required to continually add water to the pool to make up for the water lost to evaporation.
Buy Top quality Solar pool Blankets now!! See our online product list. solarpoolblankets.co.za
CALL US: 021 556 7203
Solar Cover Comparison
Swimming pools and spas lose about 70 percent of their heat through evaporation. A solar cover, also called a thermal blanket, is the most efficient means to reduce heat energy loss by creating an insulated vapour barrier–slashing heating costs and lengthening your swim season.
Types of Covers
- The least expensive solar cover is the bubble cover, an oversize version of bubble-wrap packaging made of UV-stabilized polypropylene or polyethylene and resistant to tearing or deterioration. Basic sheet vinyl covers with no air cavities lack insulation value, but are heavier and more durable than bubble covers. Insulated covers have a buoyant layer of insulation sealed between two layers of vinyl.
Manual vs. Automatic
- Take-up reels, whether portable or built-in, greatly simplify removal of the cover by winding it up or rolling it out like a garden hose. The other option is manually folding and unfolding the wet cover before and after every swim.
- Energy savings is maximized when a solar pool cover is removed just prior to use and replaced immediately after. Researching and using regional "best practices" and statistics optimizes your solar benefits.
- Reduced evaporation due to a solar pool cover conserves pool water and reduces chemical consumption. A solar cover also keeps wind-blown debris out of the pool.
Buy Top quality Solar pool heating blankets Today! solarpoolblankets.co.za
Call us now: 021 556 7203
How to Use Solar Pool Cover
This is an article that is designed to help you maintain your pool with a solar pool cover. These are a great way to save you money on heating your pool throughout the year.
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Things You’ll Need:
- Solar Cover
- Cover Roller (Preferred)
- A Pool
The first step is to go out and measure the size of your pool. If you have an oval pool make sure you measure width-wise in the middle of the pool and lengthwise in the middle as that is your farthest point. Now you need to order the solar cover.
I also recommend purchasing a roll up station if you have a large pool. This will make it a lot easier to store the cover when you open the pool to swim in it each day.
Now that you received your new solar cover you need to fit it to your pool. Lay it out over the whole pool and see where it overhangs the edges. Take a sharp scissors out and begin to trim the excess edges off.
Now that it is fitted to your pool leave it on a few days and let the temperature climb up each day. One of the best benefits of a solar cover is it keeps the heat in at night. Now that you are ready to swim roll up your solar cover on the reel and then place a tarp over it. The reason for this is so that the suns heat does not break down the cover and make it wear out prematurely. Now you know what to do with a solar cover and how it works.